Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How many pharmacy students does it take to open a tailgate?

Thought I would share a funny story that happened yesterday on my PPE visit. Somehow Tori's jacket got caught in the latch for the tailgate of my Escape. The jacket wouldn't come out and the tailgate would not close completely (my door open light was on), but it also wouldn't open. We worked on it for about 10 minutes in our patient's driveway before we left. Finally, we decided that we would just leave it for later and drove off. A few miles down the road (with my door open light still on) I decided to pull over and give it another try. It was making me nervous driving down the road without my hatch completely closed. Thanks to mom, we got the idea that Tori should climb over the seat and into the back end of my Escape and push the tailgate, while Jennifer and I pulled on the tailgate from the outside. After alot of pushing and pulling, the tailgate finally opened all the way and we were able to rescue the jacket. So the answer to the question is 3: 1 to push and 2 to pull!

No comments: